Skip to content


Schengen Visa for NON EU

Schengen Visa for NON EU are required for all European  countries for non EU passport holders wishing to travel To Europe it should not be confused with the EU (European Union). Schengen and European Union are two different agreements between European countries. A total of 30 countries, including all European Union countries (except Ireland and United Kingdom) and three non-EU members (Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland) have signed the Schengen agreement.

Gateway service includes completion of form, checking the documents required and making an appointment for you to visit and submit your application at the selected embassy or the centre.

Call 0116 229 0421 / 07971250238

Information about Schengen Visa for non EU


Please note all of the required documentation listed below is mandatory for all applicants, including such cases where flights, accommodation, insurance and other items may be arranged by applicant’s employer, travel companies or any other companies or individuals. If applying as a family, all family members must provide their own individual documents.

Every applicant who is submitting documents in Visa Application Centre should attend an appointment in person. Even children below age of 12.

Please provide copy of all original documents per person: 1 original and 1 copy

The  Consulate could request additional documents.


  • Online Application Centre. Please ensure it is fully completed, signed in both required fields, and bring with you when attending for your appointment Please note that forms submitted from any other source will not be accepted.
  • Passport/travel document. Please provide the original and a copy of the page with your personal data and photo. Your passport will not be accepted if it has been issued more than 10 years ago as of the date of return from your scheduled trip. The same applies to passports issued more than 10 years ago that have since been extended. Your passport must also be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from Schengen area, and must have at least 2 blank adjacent visa pages .
  • Old passport. Please provide your old/expired passport.
  • UK residence permit. You must be a resident in UK to be eligible to apply. Your residence permit must be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from Schengen area. Please provide original and a copy (If card type, please copy both sides)
  • Employment/Student/School or Pension letter. Must be an original letter (i.e. not a photocopy, email, fax etc) with original signature (must be hand-signed, not digital or scanned signature), and not older than 30 days from the date of appointment. Offer letter and contract is not acceptable
  • Self Employed. Proof of paid taxes and accountant letter
  • Occupation proof. This must be original, with original signature and not older than 30 days. The following can be accepted :

If you are a dependant – please provide your sponsor’s letter of employment/self-employment, his/hers bank statements, his/hers passport copy and proof of relationship (marriage certificate, Civil partnership certificate or birth certificate – whichever is applicable in your case).You must provide original and copies of these documents. Please note – the specific requirements mentioned on this page still apply to the documents supplied by the sponsor.

  • Payslip. Optional – if submitting, please provide original plus a copy.
  • Bank statements. You must provide last full 3 months official bank statements for your current account showing a minimum £600.00 positive balance and your income; Statements obtained from internet or any other source must be stamped by your bank. Please provide both original and copies of your statements.
  1. Please ensure that when submitting your current account statements on the day of your appointment, the date of your closing balance in your current account must not be more than 1 week old.
  2. Please make sure you show sufficient funds in your account – a minimum of £ 600.00. If your trip is planned for more than 8 days, then starting from the 9th day you must show additional £60 per day. Any extra funds you wish to show can be shown in your savings account statements. Please provide originals and copies when applying.
  3. Important – we do not accept – traveller’s cheques, credit card statements or bank statements that are currently overdrawn.
  • Travel tickets – Reserved return travel tickets: mentioning applicant’s name and travel dates to & from the Schengen Area.
  1. If you plan to travel by car, you will need to provide copy of driving licence (if someone else is driving – a letter from them and copy of their passport), car insurance and V5 document (Car registration documentation) or car rental documentation. You will also be required to provide full documentation showing means of crossing the borders other than by air or land (e.g. ferry tickets or Eurotunnel tickets).
  2. Please complete the following Travel Plan document showing details of your full travel itinerary, and bring this document with you when attending for your appointment.
  • Accommodation proof. You must show hotel bookings for every single night you spend in the Schengen area, and they must correspond with your travel tickets. If your name is not mentioned on the accommodation reservation, then a joint travel confirmation letter signed and dated by the person whose name is on the reservation must also be provided. In addition, a photocopy of that person’s passport/ID card + passport must also be provided. If the signature is on a different page other than the main page with photo, a copy of this page should also be provided.
  1. If invited to stay in Spain with a family member or friend, you must provide an original and copy of the Official Invitation letter issued by Police of Spain with a copy of host’s Passport. (Original will be returned to you after visa decision has been made). Please note: only an official invitation issued by Police of Spain will be accepted. A letter written by the host will not be accepted.
  • Insurance. Insurance must be issued in UK only, and you will be required to provide original and copy of the following documents – travel insurance certificate showing your name, start and end day of the cover as well as geographical cover (a quotation won’t be sufficient), proof of emergency medical expenses being covered with minimum of 30.000 Euros, and proof of cover for repatriation – this page is usually part of the summary of expenses included in your insurance policy booklet.
  1. If your travel insurance is provided by your bank, please ensure that you provide a recent letter from the bank confirming the cover and the insurance booklet. Your name must be on the letter, otherwise proof of relationship must be provided if the insurance covers dependants.
  • Photo. You must provide a photo that complies with all requirements listed in the above tab ‘Photo Specifications’ and must not be older than 1 month. Please ensure your photo is clean and not damaged in any way and please do not paste glue, tape, staple or attach it any other way to the application form. It is important to have photo that complies with requirements with you when attending.


  1. Please do not staple any documents.
  2. All documents must be in English or Spanish or duly translated in these languages. Translation must be officially translated by a certified, professional translator.
  3. An appointment does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
  4. Processing time is minimum amount as stated on the Processing Time section above; please be aware that it may take longer in some cases
  5. The acceptance of a visa application and documents by BLS does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Once an application is forwarded to the Consulate, they may request more documentation or make further requests from you in order to process the application.

6.All decisions regarding the issuance of, duration and number of entries for a visa are at the sole discretion of the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh.

MINORS: Original and copy of birth certificate, original travel consent signed by both parents/legal guardians, copies of passports parents/legal guardians. Application form to be signed by both parents. School letter.

IF BEING SPONSORED: Sponsorship letter, copy of sponsor’s passport, and valid Schengen visa (if applicable), proof of relationship with sponsor; original and copy of birth/marriage certificate, sponsor’s employment letter and bank statements showing sufficient funds and 3 month’s salary slip

Please note: Application cannot be submitted more than 3 months prior to the intended departure date.